Martha Stewart Living, June 1999
- To make picket-fence herb gardens, purchase a 5-by-8-inch wooden planter box with a bottom seam for drainage, and about 4 dozen wooden plant markers.
- Glue plant markers around the outside of the planter with wood glue, lining up the bottoms of the markers with the bottom of the planter.
- Paint planter with one coat of white latex paint.
- Line each planter with fine gravel or perlite for drainage, then fill with potting soil and two plants.
- Settle the potting soil around the plants, and water. We used sage and thyme, but any herb will work.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.