Add some texture to your photos with a veneer of fabric.
Martha Stewart Living, March 2007
- First, remove a frame's glass and back panel. Create a template: Trace frame onto kraft paper.
- Measure frame's outer and inner edges, and then mark on template. Measure the width of all four sides of the frame's back, and mark as well. Cut out template; trim corners.
- Affix a sheet of mounting adhesive (sold at office-supply stores) to fabric. Trace template onto the adhesive's back. Cut out frame cover. Remove adhesive's backing, and affix cover to frame.
- Using fabric glue, attach a 1/8-inch ribbon to the inner edge of the frame. Let dry.
- Picture frame
- Kraft paper
- Craft knife
- Mounting adhesive (sold at office-supply stores)
- Fabric glue
- 1/8-inch ribbon
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.