Stenciled Holiday Cookies
After all these years and thousands of holiday cookies, we still find stenciling to be one of the prettiest -- and easiest -- ways to decorate.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2010
- Make stencils by punching shapes out of stiff paper using craft punches.
- Hold stencil on a cookie; using brush, dab icing thinned with water into the design.
- With stencil still in place, gently sift confectioners' sugar or luster dust over the cookie, and coat the exposed surface evenly. Lift the stencil, and let dry.
- Stiff paper (such as an envelope)
- Craft punches in holiday designs
- Baked, cooled cookies, such as our Chocolate Stenciled Cookies or Gingerbread Stenciled Cookies
- Small paintbrush
- Royal Icing
- Confectioners' sugar or luster dust
- Small sieve
With craft punches, available in a variety of sizes and designs, you can make intricate stencils in seconds.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.