Red, White, and Blue Ribbon Stars
Use ribbons to create these patriotic stars of the party: garlands and festive straws that incorporate the colors and elements of the American flag.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2008
- Loop 1 end of ribbon, as shown (loop should resemble an "awareness" ribbon); secure with double-sided tape.
- Make a second loop, to the left of the first; secure with tape. Make and secure 3 more loops, each one opposite the previous loop.
- Cut end; tape to center. Tape a paper circle to back. Stick 2 smaller circles, in contrasting colors, to front (trim 1 with decorative scissors, and add a message if desired).
- Tape ribbon tails to backs of some stars. Tape all stars on long lengths of ribbon, and hang.
- Cut slits in backing of each star for straw.
- Red, white and blue ribbon
- Double-sided tape
Make a mix of medium and large stars for the garlands (we used 1 1/2- to 2-inch-wide ribbons) and miniature stars for the straws (1/4-inch-wide ribbons).
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.