Hanukkah Potato Chips
Photography: Lucas Allen
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- Use a mandoline to thinly slice peeled potatoes lengthwise.
- Soak slices in cold water to prevent discoloration.
- Pat dry with paper towels; use cookie cutters to cut shapes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pot to about 360 degrees. Working in small batches, deep-fry chips until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Drain chips on paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and serve immediately.
For a shapely twist on potato latkes, make potato chips in the forms of stars, dreidels, and other designs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.