Make lovely winged creatures from vivid autumn leaves.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2004
- Collect just-fallen leaves, and press between the pages of a heavy book for two weeks.
- Use a small strip of plain paper for base. With a skewer, apply glue to tip of a leaf; secure to base for a bottom wing.
- Working from bottom to top, glue remaining leaves, which should overlap slightly, to base.
- Glue two leaf stems to the top of a thin leaf for antennae.
- Glue thin leaf vertically to white base for the butterfly's body.
- A mat border and frame give a finished look while protecting the leaves.
- Pressed autumn leaves
- Mat border
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.