Floral Pillows with Ultrasuede Petals
Store-bought cushions spring to life when adorned with pretty, handmade Ultrasuede florets.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2009
- Photocopy template, enlarging or reducing as desired. Using template, cut out 4 petals from fabric.
- Knot end of thread; sew a running stitch through bottom of petals, making 2 stitches for each.
- Gently pull thread to gather petals, and knot thread.
- Make 1 more stitch to connect last and first petals to form flower, then knot and trim thread.
- Repeat, making flowers in a variety of sizes. Tack-stitch flowers to pillow in the desired pattern.
- Ultrasuede fabric
- Needle and thread
- Store-bought pillow
- Petal templateDownload the PDF
Ultrasuede doesn't fray, which means the petals won't need to be hemmed. Scatter them all over one side, or "flower arrange" just a few in one corner.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.