Martha Stewart Living, July 2008 http://www.marthastewart.com/273078/nautical-knobs
- Using 2 yards of thin marine cord, wrap 4 or 5 loops loosely around fingers. Begin another loop; stop halfway up. Give cord a quarter turn, so it's perpendicular to bundle.
- Wrap around bundle, back to front, 4 or 5 times (number of loops should always match number used in step 1).
- Slip cord off fingers. Begin another loop, then wrap cord through first bundle and around second 4 or 5 times.
- Insert a 3/4-inch wooden bead into knot. Pull end of cord from step 1 until knot is taut around bead. Trim ends; secure with craft glue.
- Drill a hole into bead. Drill a screw through drawer or lid from the inside. Attach bead to screw.
- Thin maritime cord
- 3/4-inch wooden beads
- Craft glue
- Drill kit
Incorporate nautical charm into your quarters. Knobs made with monkey's fist knots -- a maritime standard -- can be affixed to drawers or lids of wooden boxes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.