Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- A simple bamboo pole elevates a sprinkler to another level, so each plant gets its fair share of water.
- You will need an oscillating spigot meant for in-ground use, a bamboo pole, and two plastic fastener strips.
- Cut bamboo to the size you need: for low vegetables, 2 to 3 feet; for tall flowers, 4 to 6 feet.
- Push bamboo about 8 inches into soil to secure it.
- Rest metal spigot plate on top of bamboo; spike will hang down bamboo side.
- Tightly fasten spike to bamboo with plastic strips; trim ends. Attach hose.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.