Slip-Proof the Back Steps
Organizing Good Things 2005
- Paint stairs completely with a coat of plain paint, then let dry.
- Use painters tape to outline 2-3 stripes running the length of each step.
- In a bucket, mix 2 cups paint with 3/4-cup sand. Paint stripes with sand paint, keeping paint well stirred as you work.
- Let sand paint dry completely before removing the tape. Finish with another coat of plain paint.
- Bag of fine sand (can be purchased at a crafts of hardware store)
- 1 can plain paint
- Painter's tape
- Mixing stick
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.