Turn your little one into an Easter bunny with a pair of pink felt ears.
Martha Stewart Baby, 2002
- Measure the width and length of the top of the headband, add 1/2 inch to all sides, and cut a strip of pink felt to cover.
- Glue the felt strip onto the top of the headband, wrapping the extra material around the headband's edges.
- Measure the underside of the headband, and cut a strip of pink felt to fit.
- Glue the strip to the underside, creating a backing that covers the edges of the top felt.
- Print out our bunny-ears template, and cut out both shapes.
- Trace the outer-ear shape onto pink felt twice, and cut along scalloped edge (or cut out with pinking or scalloped shears).
- Trace the inner-ear shape onto white felt twice, and cut out with regular scissors.
- Glue each pair of ears together with hot glue, and let dry.
- Crease each ear vertically down the middle, and press.
- Fold up the bottom flaps on either side of the notch, and attach to headband with hot glue, pulling notches closed so ears are slightly bent. Hold until glue sets.
- Child-size headband
- 8-by-16-inch piece of pink felt
- 6-by-6-inch piece of white felt scissors
- Pinking or scalloped shears (optional)
- Hot-glue gun
- Hot-glue sticks
- Bunny ears template
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.