Martha Stewart Living, September 1999
- Drill a hole through the thick end of the wooden wedge using a 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch drill bit.
- Sand with fine-grain sandpaper.
- Stain or whitewash; don't use paint, which will chip.
- Cut a piece of grosgrain ribbon long enough to go through the hole and over the knob, and tie.
- Wooden wedge, cut at a lumber store to measure 7 inches long, 3 inches wide, and 2 inches high at its highest end
- Drill with a 3/8-inch or 1/2-inch drill bit.
- Fine-grain sandpaper
- Stain or whitewash
- Grosgrain ribbon
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.