Dyed Easter Baskets
Why should eggs have all the fun? For one-stop decorating, dye the basket -- and everything inside it -- at once.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2009 http://www.marthastewart.com/272464/dyed-easter-baskets
- Combine 16 cups boiling water, 1/2 cup vinegar, and the food coloring in the glass bowl.
- Soak basket, raffia, and eggs in dye bath. Remove items with kitchen tongs when desired shade is achieved. Let items dry completely on a protected surface.
- White vinegar
- Liquid food coloring (1/4-ounce bottle)
- Large, heatproof glass bowl
- Wooden baking basket (available at technobake.com)
- Eggs in different sizes and colors (Quail eggs are available at some Whole Foods markets and through localharvest.org.)
The pretty monochrome nests highlight subtle variations among the eggs.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.