Photography: Laura Moss
Martha Stewart Living, November 2007 http://www.marthastewart.com/272433/no-knit-scarf
- Here's a cozy yet speedy project. Cut 12 pieces of bulky-weight yarn to about 1 1/2 times the desired length of the final scarf. (We used 140-inch pieces to make an 86-inch scarf.)
- Divide yarn into 4 bunches of 3 strands each.
- Tie 2 bunches together with a square knot, leaving 6 inches of fringe at end; repeat with remaining bunches. Pin the knots to a piece of foam board.
- Knot inner 2 bunches of yarn together, spacing knot about 1 inch from existing knots, then knot left and right bunches together.
- Alternate knotting the inner bunches and the left and right ones, spacing knots evenly apart, until about 6 inches of yarn remain on the end.
- Finish so that final knots mirror opposite end, and trim to even the ends.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.