Velvet Gelt Bag
Gift bags of dreidels and chocolate gelt, or coins, are even more of a treat when made from velvet embossed with symbols of Hanukkah.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2004
- Cut a 5-by-15-inch piece of velvet. Fold it in half, right sides facing, and sew a tight zigzag up both sides.
- Fold top edge over twice, and hem.
- Pick a decorative rubber stamp. With the velvet pouch still inside out, place stamp inside, against fabric.
- Spray pouch with water where it will be embossed.
- Using an iron set on high, press fabric for 30 seconds. Turn right side out.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.