Star-Punched Paper Hurricanes
Hurricane vases and votive candle holders are wrapped in star-punched paper -- an easy way to suffuse your party with warmth.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- Download template, and print to desired size.
- Cut decorative paper so it's flush with the top of hurricane vase and the paper ends overlap by about 1/2 inch.
- Lay template on top of decorative paper, then place both on top of dry sponge. Use awl to transfer the pattern.
- Following the pattern, punch decorative paper with Japanese hole punch.
- Wrap paper around hurricane vase, and secure with tape.
- Decorative paper
- Hurricane vase
- Large sponge
- Awl, T pin, or thumbtack
- Japanese hole punch
- Double-sided tape
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.