Assemble a tableau straight out of a spooky movie. The animals in this witch's latest shipment seem to have escaped their crates and are inhabiting these ghostly green pumpkins.
Martha Stewart Living, October 2009 http://www.marthastewart.com/272076/creepy-crates
- Assemble the crate according to package instructions.
- Mix water with dark-gray acrylic paint to make it pale and thin. Use a paintbrush to paint the crate once; let dry.
- Stencil a frightening phrase onto the side of the crate: Hold stencils in place with masking tape; use the seam in the crate as a guide to keep the letters straight.
- Dip a sponge brush in black acrylic paint, and blot it. Then dab paint inside each stencil. Let dry, and remove stencils.
- Wooden open-top boxes, 16-by-12-by-11 inches, knock-down style, by Poole and Sons, woodthings.com
- Number and letter stencils, 2 inches, by Hy-Ko Products, acehardwaresuperstore.com
- Dark-gray and black acrylic paint
- Masking tape
- Sponge brush
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.