In minutes, you can make tiny tops that are durable and compulsively twirlable.
Kids Good Things 2006, Special Issue 2006
- Paint toothpicks with paint pens if you like; let dry.
- Glue one end of a 24-inch-long strip of paper just above the toothpick's tip. Roll tightly, and secure the end with glue.
- Glue on another strip and continue rolling; repeat about six times to make a disc 1 1/4 inches across.
- To decorate, glue on thinner strips in other colors. Press the coiled paper between thumb and fingers to shape the top
- Thin strips of paper (quilling paper works well since it's already cut into long, thin strips)
- Paint pens (optional)
You will want to make several of these paper tops since some are sure to find their way into friends' pockets.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.