Floral Place Cards
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2008
- Cut stem end of citrus, and a little off the bottom to flatten it out so that it will stand straight.
- With a reamer, squeeze the juice out. Remember, you can save the juice to cook with.
- Scoop out pulp with spoon so citrus shell is empty, as if you were carving a pumpkin.
- Fill citrus with moss; brush off any dirt.
- Insert water tube in the middle of citrus.
- Place an orchid or two inside the tube with a small amount of water.
- Fold corner of place card so there is a 1/4-inch flap. Insert hat pin into flap and secure onto the moss behind the water tube.
- Water tube
- Hat pin
- Place cards
- Lemons, oranges, or plums
Since we are entering fall -- and citrus season -- use lemons and oranges to make these beautiful floral place cards. Plums work great as well.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.