Adorn basic headbands with beautiful feathers for a one-of-a-kind accessory.
The Martha Stewart Show, May 2009
- Select nice-looking feathers. Snip excess fuzz from around quill with sharp scissors.
- Place a small dab of Fabri-Tac onto a nonstick surface. Arrange feathers with quills meeting in the dab of glue. Let dry for one hour. Peel feathers from nonstick surface.
- Sew a running stitch on one side of ribbon with a needle and thread.
- Pull thread while sliding ribbon down to create flower.
- Hot glue button to center of ribbon flower.
- Look in mirror with headband on to determine placement of feathers. Mount feather pad to headband with Fabri-Tac or hot glue, and secure with clothespin until dry.
- Add ribbon flower at base of feather hackle with hot glue and secure with a clothespin until dry.
- Fabri-Tac fabric glue
- Nonstick surface, such as a hot-glue mat or leftover label-backing paper
- Needle and thread
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- Plain headband
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.