Make one-of-a-kind stockings for your loved ones with this handmade holiday craft.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2006
- Download and print Stocking Template. Trace onto 2 pieces of felt.
- Machine stitch pieces together, then cut around sewn pattern with scalloped scissors.
- Add hanging loop by hand-sewing felt strip inside top of stocking edge.
- Cut rickrack to length of 13 bumps, making sure ends point in same direction. Glue ends so they don't fray.
- Using a knotted thread, start at pointed tip and sew one stitch through each bump. Pull thread so rickrack folds in on itself. Push out tops to make floret shape.
- Whip-stitch glued ends of rickrack together in the back.
- Add pips to florets by cutting off ends of pips to about 1/4-inch length. Using tweezers, hot-glue pre-cut pips to center of florets.
- Hot glue florets onto stockings.
- Stocking Template
- Sewing machine
- Scalloped scissors
- Hot glue
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.