Holiday Gift Bags
The Martha Stewart Show, December December Holiday 2006 2006
- Select a box to be the bottom of the bag. Cut rice paper to the circumference of the box plus 3 inches, and the height of finished bag plus 3 inches.
- Fold top down 2 inches and glue. With paper right side down, apply glue stick to the bottom 2 inches of the paper and 1 inch along the right side of the paper.
- Place box on its side, 1 inch from the bottom of the paper. Wrap paper around box, overlapping and gluing in place.
- Fold paper over and glue in place at bottom.
- Apply glue stick to the top and bottom of the trim paper; glue in place, with both papers lined up at the bottom.
- Glue Dresden strip along top of trim paper.
- Cut a rectangle of paper to cover bottom of box.
- Place gift inside and cover with tissue paper.
- Bring center top of bag together and staple.
- Take a 2-inch strip of paper accordion (folded like a fan). Staple in the center.
- Spread open and glue the ends together to make a circle. Glue a Dresden star to the center of the rosette. With hot glue, glue rosette to the front of the box.
- Rice paper
- Glue stick
- Dresden strip
- Tissue paper
- Dresden star, for rosette (optional)
- Glue gun, for rosette (optional)
These holiday gift bags add a personal touch to every present.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.