Source: The Martha Stewart Show, May 2006
- Using a marker, trace the outlines of the large and small templates on the foam core.
- Cut out the shapes with a matte knife.
- Paint the cacti green.
- Score a line down the center of both cacti with the matte knife and fold.
- Place small cactus in the fold and attach with T-pins and glue. Use a glue gun to secure T-pins into the foam base.
- Starting in the center, create a vertical line design on the cacti with artist's tape in a shade of green different from the paint on the foam.
- Add toothpicks to create cactus "needles," and use glue to secure them to the foam.
- Hang prize bags for the Gold Rush Game on the toothpicks. Match the numbers on the prize bags to the numbers on the "gold nuggets" that kids will pan for.
- 1/2-inch white foam core
- Large cactus template
- Small cactus and base template
- Cactus colors template
- Matte knife
- Green paint
- Glue gun
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.