Transferring a Design How To
The same technique for transferring a design onto fabric has been used for hundreds of years. It allows you to be creative and is a very simple craft.
The Martha Stewart Show, November 2007
- Draw the monogram design onto tracing paper
- Perforate the paper from the back side with a straight pin.
- Pin the pattern, so you can read it, onto the fabric.
- Dip just the edge of the brush lightly into the "glow" powder. It's called "glow" powder because it glows under the black lights on sewing machines.
- Gently drag the brush over the holes.
- Remove your pins and lift up your paper, and you have your design ready to be sewed.
- Tracing paper
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
- Fabric of your choice
- "Glow" powder
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.