Get presents all tied up -- with ribbon. Our two ideas work for gift cards, tickets, cash, and more.
Martha Stewart Living, Volume 145 December 2005
- For Pockets: Purchase precut tags with grommets from a stationery store.
- Cut a 3 1/2-inch length of wide fabric ribbon. Fold each cut end under by 1/4 inch; glue.
- Sew bottom and side edges to tag to form pocket. Tuck gift inside.
- For Pouches: Fold a 14-inch-long piece of 3-inch-wide fabric ribbon in half, wrong sides facing. Iron along fold, and pin.
- Sew up long sides. Trim edges of open end with scalloping scissors. Slip gift inside. Knot a bit of ribbon or twine to secure.
- Precut tags with grommets
- Wide fabric ribbon
- Sewing kit
Grace oversize gift tags with ribbon pockets or turn wide ribbons into pouches. Either can be attached to a package or presented on its own.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.