Spidery Sills and Window Webs
Halloween 2004, Volume 2004 Special Issue 2004
- Place small votives inside larger ones. Then fill the outer votives with freshly squeezed blood (okay, 2 teaspoons corn syrup mixed with 3 teaspoons water and several drops red food coloring).
- Push plastic arachnids between the votives with a pencil; scatter more spiders on the sill.
- Then spin your spiders a glowing web: Place a transparent hot-glue pad over the web template . Trace the design onto the pad with glow-in-the-dark hot glue.
- When dry, peel off the web, and press it firmly onto a window. Use double-sided tape if web doesn't adhere easily.
- Corn syrup
- Transparent hot-glue pad
- Red food coloring
- Small and large votives
- Double-sided tape (optional)
How do you expect spiders to swarm on those clean windowsills? You need to set bait.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.