Nantucket Basket Project
Martha Stewart Living, June 2005
- On a work surface, fit 6 bead board slats together face down.
- Lay wood slats widthwise across the bead board; secure them with wood glue and brads.
- Turn the basket over, place it on top of bead board, and trace around it with a pencil.
- Set brads, and fill holes with wood putty. Using a jigsaw, cut along pencil line.
- Sand edges, prime, and paint.
- One kit precut 32-inch bead board
- Two 1-by-4 wood slats (cut to fit the width of your basket)
- Wood glue
- 1-inch brads
- Nail set
- Wood putty
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.