Tissue Box and Facecloth
Once you've tried basic projects, add polish to your powder room with a custom tissue box cover, which is a bit more challenging to make.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2006
- Weave 5 swatches on a 6-inch square loom.
- On a sewing machine, sew 4 swatches together side-by-side, allowing for a 1/2-inch seam (use pins to hold swatches in place).
- Sew 2 end pieces together to form a tube.
- "Miter" seam allowance at each top corner.
- Cut remaining square into 2 rectangles; sew a zigzag stitch along cut edges of both.
- To form top, sew on both rectangles (allow for a 1/2-inch seam) so edges create a slit for dispensing tissues.
- Sew six 4-inch swatches of woven twine and cotton boucle yarn for a textured washcloth.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.