Valentine's Day Glittered Gift Tags
The Martha Stewart Show, February 2007
- Punch or cut out square from watercolor paper with pinking shears. Punch hole in corner.
- Using a clear plastic ruler as a guide, use a glue pen to apply line of glue to each edge.
- Using a fine brush, paint over yellow bumblebee stripes. Pour glitter over wet paint and shake off excess.
- Separate bee wings with pliers, and position.
- Use a small, flat brush to apply watered-down craft glue to wings.
- Sift glitter over wings with a fine mesh tea strainer. Stick into Styrofoam to dry.
- Secure bee to tag with hot-glue gun. Stamp with "Bee Mine." Thread a ribbon through hole.
- Trace and cut out letters from paper.
- Paint letter with acrylic paint dabbers, covering inside edges and back. Let dry.
- Apply diluted craft glue with paintbrush. Glitter one side.
- Place finished letter on desired object, such as a bottle of wine.
- For "Bee Mine" Tags: Paper punch or pinking shears
- Watercolor paper
- Clear plastic ruler
- Glue pen
- Fine brush
- Yellow paint
- Watered-down craft glue
- Fine mesh tea strainer
- Glue gun
- "Bee Mine" stamp
- Acrylic paint dabbers
- For the Letters: Scrapbooking chipboard letters
- Acrylic paint dabbers by Ranger
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.