Heat-Embossed Personalized Stationery
This technique is the perfect way to send personalized messages any day of the year.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2009
- Arrange clear letters on stamp mount.
- Press lettered stamp onto embossing pad. Stamp onto card using firm, even pressure.
- Sprinkle embossing powder over stamped design. Tap card to remove excess powder. Brush gently with a makeup brush to remove any more excess powder around the design.
- Hold a heat gun two inches from the design and move the nozzle in a circular motion, melting the powder-coated areas. Gently wave the card to cool and set the design.
- Repeat with other decorative stamps, if desired.
- If the paper curls after you have finished the design, heat the back of the card, and fan it again. Place the card under a heavy book for 5-10 minutes (this will not smudge the design).
- Clear acrylic stamp mount
- Letter stamp set
- Card Stock
- Embossing pad
- Embossing powder
- Heat gun
- Decorative stamps
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.