Easter Egg Place Card Holders
This place card holder is easy, fun, and perfect for your Easter table. It's a Good Thing.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2010
- Cut an 8-by-1 1/2-inch strip from colored paper. Draw a pencil line down the length of the strip, 1 inch from one long side. Make a mark 4 1/2 inches from one end of the strip.
- Cut a 1-inch fringe with fringe scissors, using the pencil line as a guide, along the entire length of the strip.
- Using the tape roller, apply adhesive from the 4 1/2-inch mark to the end of the strip in the area that is not fringed. Coil the strip, creating a cylinder.
- Bend and fray the ends of fringe to look like grass. Tie a ribbon around the base of the cup.
- Use a glue gun to attach a butterfly on a wire or other embellishments (flowers, bumblebees, etc.) to the inside of the cup.
- Write guest's name on hard-boiled egg with a pen or marker. Place egg in holder.
- Colored paper
- Scissors or craft knife
- Fringe scissors
- Permanent tape roller
- Floral butterfly on wire, or other embellishments
- Hard-boiled egg
- Nontoxic pen or marker
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.