Photography: Gentl & Hyers
Source: Blueprint, 2006
- Fold fabric in half; place widest part of pattern at the fold. Pin in place with quilting pins, which are long and strong, ideal for heavy fabric like this.
- Extend the straight lines of pattern to the bottom of the fabric with an erasable fabric marker and yardstick.
- Cut out the belt. With the hole punch, perforate the edges, positioning holes 1/4 inch apart and 1/4 inch in from the edge.
- Wrap belt around waist, and tie in back.
- 1/8 yard of 60-inch-wide fabric
- Hole punch
- Erasable fabric marker
- Blueprint belt template
This belt lends itself to variation: Once you get the hang of it, you can even make it without the pattern.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.