Outdoor Lighting: Icicles
Create icicles that light up the night sky this holiday season.
Photography: Victoria Pearson
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- Drill 1/8-inch hole at top of wooden lattice strip.
- Tightly wrap lights around strip, starting a few inches from prong end and being careful not to let bulbs touch. Tape to secure at top and bottom of strip.
- Loop monofilament through hole to hang.
- Drill with 1/8-inch drill bit
- 18- to 36-inch lengths of 3/4-by-1/4-inch wooden lattice strips
- 50- and 100-bulb strands of green wire mini lights (use 50-bulb strands for short icicles, 100-bulb strands for long ones)
- Black all-weather electrical tape
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.