Natural loofah and store-bought soap base combine to create these lovely, exfoliating soaps. Make a batch for gifts, or as a hands-on activity at a child's birthday party.
The Martha Stewart Show
- Cut a half slice of loofah using a bread knife.
- Place slice in tart tin with cups lined with waxed paper.
- Place brick of ready-melt soap in the top of a double boiler. You can also melt the soap in a microwave.
- Pour enough soap into tart tin until loofah slice is just covered.
- Wait about 30 minutes for soap to completely harden before popping it out from tin.
- Waxed paper
- Tart tin
- Ready-melt soap (such as honey-glycerin and honey-oil mixtures)
- Double boiler (or microwave)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.