Candy Cane Reindeer
Turning a plain candy cane into a cute reindeer is a simple Good Thing to get you and your family in the holiday spirit.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2007
- Download and print reindeer template. Place template on brown felt and trace face and ears; cut them out.
- Apply face and ears to candy cane using nontoxic glue. Attach craft pom-pom for the nose using nontoxic glue. If making a Rudolph candy cane, use a red pom-pom; otherwise, use brown.
- Make eyes by punching two dots out of black felt using a hole punch. Glue black dots to face. Let dry for 15 minutes.
- Twist rustic floral wire to make antlers. Attach antlers by twisting around top of candy cane. Twist one small piece onto each side of the main antlers to make branches.
- Reindeer template
- Candy cane
- Brown felt
- Nontoxic glue
- Brown or red craft pom-pom
- Black felt
- Hole punch
- Rustic floral wire
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.