Bird's Nest Planter
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2008
- Glue the base of the glass cylinder to the center of the cardboard circle with hot glue. Place on a cooling rack with a piece of paper underneath.
- Combine twigs and pinecones in a large bowl. Add white glue to the mixture, and stir until thoroughly coated.
- Wearing gloves, grab a handful of the mixture and shape along sides of the cylinder.
- Sprinkle crystal coarse glitter onto wet, molded mixture, and allow to dry overnight.
- Glass cylinder, 6 inches in diameter and 2 inches high, or something similar, such as a glass cereal bowl.
- Cooling rack and newspaper
- 10-inch circle of corrugated cardboard
- 1 quart of 1- to 2-inch-long twigs*
- 1 quart small white-spruce pinecones*
- 1 pint white glue
- Martha Stewart Crafts Coarse Glitter, Crystal
Download this gift tag to attach to this wonderful Handmade Holiday gift.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.