A coating of fine glitter turns plain wooden dreidels into a display-worthy centerpiece, or string them together to create a shimmering garland.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- Holding each dreidel by its handle, brush all but 1 side with clear drying white glue.
- Sprinkle with glitter, and let dreidel rest on plain side. Once dry, glue and glitter plain side of dreidel and handle; let dry.
- Arrange dreidels in large glass containers.
- In a well-ventilated area, use quick-bonding cement or glue to attach a pony bead (or other large bead with a hole) to the top of each dreidel; let dry.
- Cover dreidels with glitter, following instructions above.
To make the centerpiece and the garland, we used plain wooden dreidels, in varying sizes, and different shades of glitter.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.