Baby Wooden Blocks
Make these adorable baby blocks from crafter Ashley Steele for your child, and they'll be the coolest kid on the block.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2008
- Sand the wooden block with sandpaper to prepare it for painting.
- Paint the block with the color you've selected. Allow to dry.
- Cut 6 pieces of decorative paper to 3 1/4 inch.
- Glue the paper to each side of the block using all-purpose decoupage glue. Allow the glue to dry.
- Sand edges and corners of paper with an emery board.
- Paste the letters, numbers, and embellishments to the block using the same technique.
- Sponge the edges of the paper with paint to give it texture and an antique look.
- Paint another coat of decoupage glue all over the block to seal. Allow to dry.
- 3 1/4-inch square wood block
- Acrylic paint
- Martha Stewart Crafts decoupage
- Decorative paper
- Emery board
- Letters, numbers, and embellishments
You can purchase the decorative paper and letters, numbers, and embellishments at basicgrey.com. For all other tools and materials, please visit hiccupinc.com or Michaels stores.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.