Magazine Christmas Trees
Transform old magazines into glittered table-top trees with this easy -- and kid-friendly -- step-by-step process.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- Open magazine and bend to break spine.
- Fold individual page from top right corner to inside seam. Fold same page from bottom right edge to gutter.
- Fold bottom triangle of each additional magazine page up, making the bottom of the tree flat. Then, fold top of all pages down to form tree shape.
- Spray-paint folded tree desired color. Immediately sprinkle glitter over wet paint. Let dry.Tip: Use a bone folder to smooth paper edges if desired.
- Old magazines of any size
- Gold, silver, or clear spray paint
- Glitter in desired colors
- Bone folder (optional)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.