- Cut large scales into rounded ear shapes. Paint inner ears white. Let dry.
- Paint twine brown for tail; while it's still wet, twist twine around finger to curl. Let dry.
- Brush top of pinecone body with glue; attach acorn head. Brush wide end of body with glue; attach tail. Let dry.
- Brush acorn head with glue; attach ears. Let dry.
- Paint on brown eyes and nose.
- 2 large pinecone scales (for ears)
- White and brown acrylic paint
- Small paintbrushes
- 1 short piece of twine (for tail)
- 1 egg-shape pinecone (for body; other shapes will work, too)
- Craft glue
- 1 acorn (cap removed, for head)
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.