Ornaments with photos of your friends and family are a great way to decorate your Christmas tree.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2006
- Download and print ornament templates.
- Trace template shapes onto heavy-duty card stock.
- Cut out two identical shapes.
- Punch both ornament shapes at top.
- Apply diluted white glue solution (2 parts glue to 1 part water) to surfaces of both shapes.
- Apply glitter to glue.
- Set aside to dry; cover with a sheet of wax paper and weigh down with a heavy book to keep from curling.
- Using a utility knife, cut an X into the center of the ornament.
- Use a pencil to curl back points, creating a square opening.
- Glue photo to unglittered side of flat shape.
- Glue both halves together, sandwiching photo.
- Thread ribbon through hole and glue on Dresden embellishment.
- Ornament Template 1
- Ornament Template 2
- Ornament Template 3
- Ornament Template 4
- Ornament Template 5
- Heavy-duty (80-pound) card stock
- Scissors or utility knife
- Hole punch
- White glue
- Wax paper
- Dresden embellishment
Dresden embellishments available from D. Blumchen & Company.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.