Albums and Binders with Iron-On Floral Silhouettes
Martha Stewart Living, May 2010 http://www.marthastewart.com/268865/albums-and-binders-with-iron-on-floral-s
- Download clip art, above, and print it onto transfer paper. Using scissors or a craft knife, cut out design, trimming away the outline.
- Lay an ironed pillowcase on a table or other hard, heat-resistant surface (not an ironing board, which has too much padding).
- Remove paper backings, and position designs, face-up, on an ironed bag or a cloth-covered accessory. Cover with tissue paper provided with transfer paper.
- With an iron set on high and no steam, slowly iron on designs, applying firm, even pressure (follow the transfer-paper manufacturer's instructions). Let cool. Remove tissue paper.
- Avery Dark T-Shirt Transfers, for white-on-dark transfers
- Cloth binder, document box, or travel frame
- Scissors or craft knife
- Ironed pillowcase
- Small Book: Cherry Branch Clip Art
- Binder: Cherry Branch Clip Art
- Box Spine: Cherry Branch Clip Art
To apply delicate silhouettes such as the cherry branches to colored accessories, you need transfer paper designed for dark fabrics.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.