Halloween Makeup: Wild Thing, Frankenstein, and Venetian Mask
Whatever you decide to be for Halloween, applying spooky makeup is one of the simplest and most dramatic ways you can alter your look.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2009
- Use wax to mold bulb onto tip of nose. Blend in sides of wax so it meshes into the skin.
- Paint wax on nose and lips with pink face paint.
- Use yellow, brown, and white face paint to color creases and face.
- Accent eyebrows with brown face paint.
- Unravel crepe hair, cut to desired length, and attach to eyebrows with spirit gum.
- Paint entire face with a mix of green and white face paint using a makeup sponge.
- Use a mix of purple and red paint to color eyelids, under eyes, and lips.
- Measure yarn according to how long you want the stitches to be.
- Apply spirit gum to where you will be applying the yarn.
- Cut small pieces of yarn to create the cross sections of the stitches and apply with spirit gum.
- Take paint brush and apply gel blood to yarn to create an open-wound effect.
- Use white face paint to freehand a full face mask.
- Color eyelids with pink and purple face paint.
- Cut stencil from template.
- Put stencil to cheek, take purple or pink face paint and color in desired shapes.
- Take paintbrush and glitter and apply glitter to shapes.
- Apply faux-glitter lashes to eyes.
- For the Wild Thing makeup:Crepe hair
- Molding wax
- Spirit Gum
- Face paint
- For the Frankenstein makeup:Green, white, purple, and red face paint
- Black yarn
- Gel blood
- Makeup sponges
- For the Venetian Mask makeup:White, purple, and pink face paint
- Halloween makeup template
- Martha Stewart craft gems
- Faux glitter lashes
- Cosmetic glitter
- Spirit gum
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.