Fresh bills stay crisp in these wallets that double as gift box and card.
Photography: Sang An
Martha Stewart Living, December 2001
- Using a real wallet as a template, outline billfold on two pieces of heavy paper; cut out.
- With white craft glue, affix pieces back-to-back.
- For pocket, trace billfold onto lighter-weight paper. Cut out, and trim off top third lengthwise. Affix to wallet with dots of glue; if desired, cut out and affix a side pocket for message card.
- Topstitch around billfold and pockets with a sewing machine, using a 1/8-inch seam allowance.
- Wrap elastic ribbon snugly around billfold; cut and staple into a band that holds wallet shut.
- Standard wallet or billfold
- Heavyweight paper or card stock
- Lightweight decorative or wrapping paper
- Sewing machine and thread
- Craft glue
- Elastic ribbon
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.