Light your home for Halloween with these darkly delightful ghoulish lamps.
The Martha Stewart Show, October 2008
- Remove lampshade from stand.
- Print and cut out templates. Trace template silhouettes onto black construction paper. Cut shapes from paper. Adhere black shapes to inside of shade with double-sided tape.
- Replace bulb in lamp base with 60-watt orange bulb, and reconnect shade to base.
- Lamp with large, plain, light-colored shade
- Alien template
- Bat template
- Draculina template
- Frankenstein template
- Jack-o'-lantern template
- Black construction paper
- Double-sided tape
- 60-watt orange light bulb
Resources: Orange bulbs are available at hardware, lighting, or Halloween-themed stores. All other materials are available at crafts stores.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.