Blue Spruce Wreath Trio
Ring in the winter holidays with an impressive yet easy-to-make decoration for the front door that packs a beribboned triple punch.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2008
- Attach a 7-foot ribbon length at top of door with 2 thumbtacks. Fold bottom end of ribbon in half lengthwise, and snip at an angle to create a notch.
- Hold wreaths up to ribbon to determine desired positions. Mark positions on ribbon with marker.
- Cut and wrap 1-foot ribbon lengths around tops of wreaths, fastening at back with U pins.
- Hammer nail through ribbon at mark for top wreath.
- Attach lengths of fishing line to wire forms, at top and bottom of 2 remaining wreaths.
- Hang bottom wreath at mark by tying top line to nail. Place a thumbtack at bottom of door, and wrap bottom line around it. Repeat with middle wreath. Hang top wreath on nail.
- Three 18-inch-diameter blue spruce wreaths
- 5 1/2 yards of 3-inch-wide teal satin ribbon (2 yards reserved for bow)
- Felt-tipped marker
- U pins
- Fishing line
- Hammer and nail
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.