Felt Beads, Velvet Cherries and Crab Apples
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2006
- Make a 24-inch-long triangle with a 3-inch base out of felt.
- Roll from base, forming a bead.
- Glue down point with fabric glue.
- Use a folded piece of thin wire to thread ribbon through bead.
- Download cherry leaf template. Trace on felt. Cut out shapes.
- Wrap pom-pom cherry stems around middle of pair of leaves.
- Tie leaves around cherry stem.
- Cut pom-poms from Martha Stewart Everyday garland, leaving garland threads attached to "cranberries."
- Unravel threads and tie white strings into knot, to make a hanging hook.
- Twist velvet wired leaves onto base of cranberry. Hang ornaments on tree.
- Fabric glue
- Thin wire
- Pom-pom cherries
- Cherry leaf template
- Martha Stewart Everyday crab apple garland
- Velvet wired leaves
These felt beads and velvet cherries make excellent one-of-a-kind holiday ornaments.
Resources: Cherry pom-poms and velvet leaves are available at tinseltrading.com. Martha Stewart everyday garlands are available at Kmart.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.