Dress with Braided Fabric Straps
Martha Stewart Living, August 2010 http://www.marthastewart.com/267685/how-to-make-a-dress-with-braided-fabric
- Cut or rip 3 strips of 2-inch-wide fabric.
- Knot the ends, and braid.
- Fasten loose ends with a safety pin, and thread through a drawstring channel.
- Remove pin; knot ends.
- 3 strips of 2-inch-wide cotton fabric
- Safety pin
- Dress with drawstring channel (we used a Normandy dress from pip-squeakchapeau.com)
Braid colorful strips of fabric to make a bright detail for a dress. It's also a colorful alternative to replacing a drawstring.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.