This easy-to-make soap is a wonderful Handmade Holiday gift.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2008
- Open the plastic bag and cuff the top enough so that the bag will stand on its own.
- Place 4 ounces of solid clear glycerin soap in a heat-resistant measuring cup, and melt in a double-boiler or microwave.
- Pour half the melted soap into the bag. Spray with alcohol until bubbles disappear. Allow to cool and harden for about 1 hour.
- Re-melt remaining soap. Pour a small amount of melted soap on top of cooled soap in bag. Spray with alcohol. Position fish in melted soap, and let set 15 minutes to lock into place.
- Pour the remaining soap over fish. Spray with alcohol. Gather bag above soap and pinch with clothespin. Allow soap to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove clothespin, and tie with a ribbon threaded with a gift tag.
- Clear plastic bag: 4 inches wide by 8 inches tall, and at least 1.5 millimeters thick
- Clear glycerin soap
- Heat-resistant measuring cup
- Double-boiler or microwave
- Rubbing alcohol
- Small spray bottle
- Plastic fish
- Gift tag
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.