Chile Pepper Santa
Spice up your Christmas tree with these distinctive Santa ornaments made from chile peppers.
The Martha Stewart Show, December 2009
- Wipe chile pepper with damp cloth to remove dirt and dust.
- Create face: Using apricot-colored acrylic paint, paint a circle shape toward the top of the pepper. Let dry.
- Apply a second coat of apricot-colored paint and let dry.
- Create beard: Using white acrylic paint, paint underneath the face, almost to the tip of the pepper. Let dry.
- Apply a second coat of white paint in a circular/twirling motion to create texture of beard. Let dry.
- Create Santa hat: Using red acrylic paint, paint a red line on the left side of Santa's face. Turn chile over and paint back of hat on the top piece of the pepper.
- Paint a "pom-pom" on the tip of hat using white paint.
- Tie ribbon around chili pepper stem. Attach ornament hook to ribbon.
- Chile pepper
- Damp cloth
- Apricot, white, and red acrylic paint
- Ornament hook
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.